Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Night Workout, HIIT

I feel really good about tonight's workout! After being discouraged the last few weeks I really think the changes I'm making will help me reach my goals.

Tonight I did my usual back and bicep workouts. Including, dumbbell rows, back extensions an machine rows, standing curls and hammer curls. I tried to have little rest between 30-60 seconds. My first workout I did jumping jacks in between to get my heart rate up. After lifting I used the treadmill and incorporated HIIT (I talked about this in my previous post.) I'm starting with a 1:2 ratio. 1 part slow and 2 parts high intensity. I would walk 1 part and then 2 parts would be walking on an incline and a slightly faster pace. I was surprise how hard it really was and how high my heart rate got. After doing this for a few weeks I'm going to try a 1:3 ratio to work a little harder. I'm starting with less because I haven't done cardio for awhile.

Check out this article to learn more about HIIT, high intensity interval training. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-8-week-hiit-for-fat-burning-program.html

No comments:

Post a Comment