Sunday, November 11, 2012

Truth and Honesty

Honestly, I've been very discouraged lately. I haven't seen the results I expected. I haven't been slacking on my diet or workouts. I haven't gained weight but I haven't lost either.
The truth is, I haven't been working toward my goal. I've been lifting weights only with no cardio or attention to the intensity of those lifting sessions. My goal is definitely to gain muscle but mainly I want to become leaner. So here is what I'll do.
Lately, I've been going to the gym three days a weeks which unfortunately is really all I have time for with work, school and other church and home duties. I tried doing more but I was very stressed and forgetting to do things. So I will keep my three days and keep working out two muscle groups each day but I will also add HIIT. (high intensity interval training). I will apply this to my lifting and cardio after the workout. Keeping it very intense with little rest on between.
My original goal for the Kelsey Byers Challenge was to be down to 115 at the end. But I have reevaluated where I'm at and I've decided on a pound a week. Getting me to 122 by Christmas Eve.

It's important to stick to a program or plan for at least 4 weeks. If you're not seeing results it's time to reevaluate and come up with a new plan. If you have seen results, say you lost 5 pounds, reevaluate your macros. You'll need to adjust how much your eating. You won't need to eat as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment