Friday, September 28, 2012

End of Expo Day 1

We saw a lot today! But my highlight was meeting Kelsey Byers. She was so nice to talk to us for quite awhile. She gave us tips, stories, experiences and motivation. She's excited about what she stands for and about the competition. If anyone of you is contemplating doing the challenge I recommend it even more now after meeting her. She will be a great motivator and inspiration. I also want to help you. Please join us!

Anyway, I got a few pre-workouts, which are usually powers you mix in water to give to energy and endurance to make your workout great.

Protein powder. Everyone is usually familiar with protein powder. You should have a protein shake after a workout to feed your muscles.

Amino Acids/ BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acids). These are good during your workout and also throughout the day. These you also mix in water. It will help you recover quicker and it's a building block to protein and will help build muscle.

Fat Burners. These are pretty self explanatory. Increase metabolism, enhance thermogenesis, and reduce cravings.

Toning lotion. Tightens skin and aids the body in its usage of fat cell content for energy. So it's kind of like a topical fat burner.

Creatine. Creatine replenishes ATP that is used to fuel your body during your workout. Creatine can make you bloated and gain water weight. But I found a product today where that doesn't happen. However, I lost the info I found on it. I'll have to research it.

Liquid Egg Whites. It's actually a drink. The egg white have been heated up to kill the bacteria. You can buy it flavored like a protein shake or unflavored and you can cook with it. And it was yummy!

I also got a couple bags, t-shirts and shaker bottles.

After the expo we went to a buffet and kept it pretty clean. But splurged on a couple bites of a cheese quesadilla. Cheese is my weakness. I had some pizza last night and it made me more determined to eat well today. My complementary hotel breakfast was also pretty good and was able to make good choices.

Well that's enough for now. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment